avatar

Muna

Posts: 6,511 Member Since:03/06/14
Mistress of
the Dark!
image

Admin

#1 [url]

06/03/15 4:09 PM

This is the text of the article . . .


Obama DOJ studying right-wing social media for groups for ‘violent extremism’


obama-0515

Obama Orders DOJ to Monitor Social Media of Right Wing Extremists


President Barack Obama has yet to acknowledge ‘Islamic extremism.’ But his administration has identified 72 types of Americans as potential terrorists.

You, by virtue of you reading this article on this website, could fit their profile.

Their list has been growing since Obama assumed office.

Police officers in Missouri were instructed to target Christians, pro-lifers, Ron Paul-ians, pro-gun activists as possible terrorist targets in 2009.

The new Obama administration put out a warning to monitor ‘disgruntled veterans,’ also in 2009.

The DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) has no specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence, but rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about several emergent issues. The economic downturn and the election of the first African American president present unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and recruitment.

The Department of Justice is studying groups, especially those utilizing social media, on the far right for potential extremism. The Free Beacon reports:

The Department of Justice is concentrating on “far-right” groups in a new study of social media usage aimed at combatting violent extremism.

The Justice Department’s National Institute of Justice (NIJ) awarded Michigan State University $585,719 for the study, which was praised by Eric Holder, the former attorney general, earlier this year.

“There is currently limited knowledge of the role of technology and computer mediated communications (CMCs), such as Facebook and Twitter, in the dissemination of messages that promote extremist agendas and radicalize individuals to violence,” according to the NIJ grant. “The proposed study will address this gap through a series of qualitative and quantitative analyses of posts from various forms of CMC used by members of both the far-right and Islamic extremist movements.”

The study draws more upon right-wing forums than upon the corners of the web inhabited by Islamist extremists.

“We will collect posts made in four active forums used by members of the far-right and three from the Islamic Extremist community, as well as posts made in Facebook, LiveJournal, Twitter, YouTube, and Pastebin accounts used by members of each movement,” the grant said.

“The findings will be used to document both the prevalence and variation in the ideological content of posts from members of each movement,” the grant continued. “In addition, we will assess the value of these messages in the social status of the individual posting the message and the function of radical messages in the larger on-line identity of participants in extremist communities generally.”



Last Edited By: Muna 06/03/15 4:14 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Muna

Posts: 6,511 Member Since:03/06/14
Mistress of
the Dark!
image

Admin

#2 [url]

06/03/15 5:45 PM

This thread was originally posted in the "Edge" forum.  But I brought it over here because I think it serves as kind of a warning that what you say on a message board can sometimes be very important.

Assuming the story is accurate, then those of you (and I use the term generically) who advocate violent or extreme solutions to society's problems, even on a message board as small and as seemingly insignificant as this one, might actually be scanned and cataloged by the government.  They probably have spiders that automatically crawl all over the Internet following links and looking for key words.

Now, you might say, "Big deal--I'll just be one out of a hundred-thousand who get tagged."  But in any kind of investigation, they'll weed those numbers down and you might be one in a group of only one thousand--a very manageable number when it comes to investigating such things.

I'm not trying to scare anybody, I would just like everybody to be aware of what might be going on.  A word to the wise, etc.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

cydoniaquest

Posts: 28,993 Member Since:03/06/14

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine


#3 [url]

06/03/15 5:59 PM

That's the thing about being a patriot Muna....It's about not submitting to tyranny....The only way to stop them is to not let them affect us, and get right back in their face....Rand Paul, great example. You don't fight tyranny by capitulating to it or giving into it's will like the rest of Congress. It takes people to stand up...



In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

-Mark Twain-



The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants...

-Thomas Jefferson-


In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.


-George Orwell-






-"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."-

 The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Revo1ting

Posts: 1,050 Member Since:05/29/15

#6 [url]

06/03/15 6:21 PM

I think as long as you aren't advocating the violent overthrow of the government, you don't have too much to worry about on message boards.

Threatening the life of the president or his family is not a good idea as well.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

cydoniaquest

Posts: 28,993 Member Since:03/06/14

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine


#7 [url]

06/03/15 6:25 PM

Revo1ting wrote:
I think as long as you aren't advocating the violent overthrow of the government, you don't have too much to worry about on message boards.

Threatening the life of the president or his family is not a good idea as well.

I agree, it's better to plot violent overthrows of government in private.






-"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."-

 The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

truthseeker.currenteventsii

Posts: 11,293 Member Since:03/07/14  
Fuzz Face!

image

#9 [url]

06/04/15 1:27 AM

Meanwhile, this POTUS isn't enforcing antitrust laws, immigration laws. The FTC isn't doing anything. Obama isn't even enforcing his ACA law as it was written!

There's dangerous extremism out there and It's clearly the Obama Admin.

I'm positive that we will be electing better in 2016. We already have the upper hand in states government and nobody watches MSM for information anymore. They are trusted less than Congress.

******************************************************************************************

  “People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get.”
Frederick Douglass

Quote    Reply   
avatar

dparks.davidsonconc

Posts: 11 Member Since:05/12/15

#10 [url]

06/04/15 6:23 AM

And now POTUS is trying force ANOTHER 'trade agreement' on the US. Even the Democrats are having trouble with this. Remember how well NAFTA, GATT, and the WTO turned out for us. Almost ANYONE will be a vast improvement.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

cydoniaquest

Posts: 28,993 Member Since:03/06/14

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine


#11 [url]

06/04/15 6:29 AM

dparks wrote:
And now POTUS is trying force ANOTHER 'trade agreement' on the US. Even the Democrats are having trouble with this. Remember how well NAFTA, GATT, and the WTO turned out for us. Almost ANYONE will be a vast improvement.

I hear that thankfully, the house isn't going for it, even though the Senate gave the secret treasonous document a thumbs up...






-"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."-

 The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

JamesSavage

Posts: 3,271 Member Since:03/09/14
Wealthy White Male!

#13 [url]

06/04/15 12:30 PM

Muna wrote:
This thread was originally posted in the "Edge" forum.  But I brought it over here because I think it serves as kind of a warning that what you say on a message board can sometimes be very important.

Assuming the story is accurate, then those of you (and I use the term generically) who advocate violent or extreme solutions to society's problems, even on a message board as small and as seemingly insignificant as this one, might actually be scanned and cataloged by the government.  They probably have spiders that automatically crawl all over the Internet following links and looking for key words.

Now, you might say, "Big deal--I'll just be one out of a hundred-thousand who get tagged."  But in any kind of investigation, they'll weed those numbers down and you might be one in a group of only one thousand--a very manageable number when it comes to investigating such things.

I'm not trying to scare anybody, I would just like everybody to be aware of what might be going on.  A word to the wise, etc.

It's not about those who advocate violent or extreme solutions. It's about Obama and his Régime, and anybody and everybody who disrespects his Authoritah.

  

Cordially,
James Savage

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help