dparks.davidsonconc

Lead

06/15/15 8:48 PM

Tags : :

Been reading comments about the shark attacks at my island. Shark experts? No, more like shark idiots. AND THE 'LAWYERS'. Sue Oak Island because your kid got bit. Unbelievable!
Quote    Reply   

LegalAmerican

#1 [url]

06/15/15 8:56 PM

dparks wrote:
Been reading comments about the shark attacks at my island. Shark experts? No, more like shark idiots. AND THE 'LAWYERS'. Sue Oak Island because your kid got bit. Unbelievable!

Oh, more of that ,NO ONE TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CHOICES?  Behavior?   No one forced any one , into the water,,,did they?  How can Oak Island be targeted?   Crazy.

Quote    Reply   

dtzy2bblnd

Party Confused!!!

#2 [url]

06/15/15 10:17 PM

Seriously? They are going to sue a freaking Island for a natural predator of the sea biting a human that was IN the sea? On what planet is that going to work? LOL.

It's well known that the ocean belongs to the top predators of the ocean, which would be sharks and their ilk. It's well known we rule the land, so what can we do? Annihilate the top predators of that
echo system and thus end the entire balance of this planet????

How about just being real? If you and your kid get into the water, you run the risk of a shark biting you, especially if you bathe in shark territory?????

Quote    Reply   

XXXwolfstrikeXXX

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.

#4 [url]

06/15/15 11:11 PM

a few months ago, "experts" said sharks have NEVER been to that area of California coast line before.

someone needs to explain to me how they came to that conclusion. What about the days  of Jesus?  were there sharks there then?

Quote    Reply   

truthseeker.currenteventsii

Fuzz Face!

#6 [url]

06/16/15 3:47 AM

That's why I don't swim in the ocean, it's the sharks dinner bowl.

******************************************************************************************

“People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get.”
Frederick Douglass

Quote    Reply   

cydoniaquest

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine

#7 [url]

06/16/15 4:22 AM

I think about this all the time, and it's probably why I haven't been SCUB-ing as often as I should...but it really hits ya when you jump into the murky water off the Monterey coast or something, that there's a real possibility that something 15 feet long, with giant teeth weighing up to 7500 lbs (over 3 and a half tons) can come at you at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour right out of the murkiness! And you'd never even see it coming...

I mean think about that...It makes tigers, lions and bears look like pussycats...If this kind of creature was on land and could move with this kind of agility, it would be terrifying beyond belief. And here you are, in the water, in that black wet suit, splashing around like a wounded seal on the surface, masquerading as it's favorite meal...slow and helpless, up against a creature that is as evolved and as home in it's element as an F-16 fighter jet is in the air...Yes, it's something to think about. Imagine this coming at ya....Where do you go? You're in IT'S world now....(Thankfully though, they don't like the way we taste)...

shark640.jpg

shark-zone.jpg
sharkie.jpg?1345648314
greatwhiteshark.jpg

-"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."-

The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   

cydoniaquest

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine

#9 [url]

06/16/15 4:29 AM

shark-attack.jpg
e857eff846f1bf33d1130b6fc4ae17e4.600x.jp
9216309.jpg?size=640x420

This is great SCUBA diver humor, because, in the classes, divers are almost taught to reflexively and thoughtlessly give that stupid "I'm Ok signal"....LOL.....Bad timing on that!

The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   

cydoniaquest

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine

#10 [url]

06/16/15 4:32 AM

truthseeker wrote:
ewww, just the thought of swimming with them....it's insanity.

There was a girl just the other day in the news, that pulled the stunt of riding one....smiley: laugh

The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   

bunzo351

#12 [url]

06/16/15 8:14 AM

As a former Sea Going Marine, part of our duties were to stand shark guard with an M1 while the sailors had a swim call. In retrospect I don't think it would have done any good to shoot at a shark with even the 30-06 round because the bullet loses almost all its energy in the first few inches of water.

I never had to stand shark guard but when I went on swim call, it made me feel better to have one of my buddies watching...

"Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas"

Quote    Reply   

cydoniaquest

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine

#13 [url]

06/16/15 10:27 AM

It really is amazing when you compare sharks to humans.....A shark is this creature that has evolved over millions of years to be perfectly adapted to it's environment.....Perfectly streamlined....Pure muscle and cartilage....The ultimate athletic specimen....with finely honed sensors for everything it needs to survive and be the top predator of the seas....Teeth that continually grow back.....EVERYTHING it needs for complete survival, it has....Every sensor it needs to detect it's prey/food source...it has...I mean, we're looking at a perfect product of evolution and nature....designed to travel effortlessly through it's environment....It BELONGS here...

Now compare this to a human.....A human is frail, and born defenseless....A human has nothing it needs for survival and feeding itself...with teeth completely useless for self defense. A human is completely vulnerable to his environment...If it's 50 degrees F one side or the other of 70 degrees, a human can die of exposure..I mean, cosmically speaking, on the temperature scale, we're only really comfortable in a ridiculously narrow range...

So, man needs to make clothing.....He needs to make shelter......He needs to make tools......In other words, millions of years of evolution that gave everything to a shark to make the shark perfectly adapted to it's environment, has done absolutely nothing for man....What a rip off!!!!

How can you explain that one? Evolution seems to apply to every other creature on planet Earth, but not man...We are a complete contradiction in terms...Completely suicidal, self destructive, increasingly idiotic (if you'll note the Democrat party and their voting choices as case in point)......We're completely unadapted to our environment, yet we are the most successful and prolific species on the planet! HOW THE HELL IS THIS POSSIBLE?

How can this disparity between the shark, and the human in terms of evolution exist?....Shouldn't the same forces of evolution that made the shark a model of perfection in being perfectly adapted to its environment, and perfectly equipped for survival, apply to us as well?  I mean, seriously think about it....The shark BELONGS to the sea.....every bit as much as the water itself belongs to the sea.....But the human, well....we belong NOWHERE.....We're not adapted for anything....We can't even walk over rocky or thorny ground without being in terrible pain without shoes, fer godsake...We need Nikes. Now why would God design a creature so ill adapted to his environment that he was forced to buy sneakers from Chinese sweat shop factories?

Now I'm sure some kids in Africa can run over stones and thorns barefot, and there's that big survival dude on TV who doesn't believe in shoes, but human beings, for the most part....NEED FREAKIN SHOES......Why didn't millions of years of evolution solve that little problem?.....I mean, it's not like walking upright is a new problem here. Shouldn't we have evolved some foot wear by now?

A shark, in comparison has almost supernatural sensors built in to detect the slightest electrical charge and ph variations in it's environment. It can navigate with some high tech internal GPS...It has a sense of smell so perfectly honed for it's survival, it can detect a drop of blood miles away. But did human beings get any benefit at all from the process of evolution like the shark did? We humans aren't even adapted to really dealing with allergies or colds all that well....Our noses are at times, rendered completely useless and horribly miserable things on our own faces.  Did we miss the line when God was handing out super powers and basic immunities to pollen?

No, we evolved into needing rubber soled shoes..and cotton undies..and special toilet paper because, newspaper just chafes too much. We evolved into thinking food comes from the store....Most of us couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag....We don't have claws...We don't have teeth that are worth a damn in a fight...(except for Mike Tyson)...We don't have special stingers....We don't have X-man fish gills for evasion of predators by water.....We can't even run all that fast...and forget trying to fly without a machine of some type...It just doesn't work...I've tried it...

So....How do we explain our own devolution while the shark has benefited by becoming this magnificent, perfectly designed product and posterboy of evolution at it's finest...Dawin passed us by?

I think the obvious answer, when you really think about us, and compare how different we are from every other creature on Earth, and how completely ill adapted to our environment we are, and how....just fundamentally unnatural we are......WELL, the obvious conclusion is.....WE AIN'T FROM AROUND HERE!.....And I don't just speak for my green self when I say....looks like we've found the true aliens on this planet, and we are they.....

The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   

bunzo351

#14 [url]

06/16/15 12:03 PM

I believe that somewhere along the line we left the sea and sought our fortunes on land and left to sea to other creatures.

our babies, almost from newborn through an age where we start to become rational, are able to hold their breath and swim when thrown into the water, and our hair all grows in the direction that it takes when in the water swimming. (for the life of me, I can't understand why people drown when swimming is so easy and natural)

You might want to check the book The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris.

"Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas"

Quote    Reply   

truthseeker.currenteventsii

Fuzz Face!

#15 [url]

06/16/15 12:29 PM

LOL cy. I love your post. All the things that make you go ?hmmmmmmmmm?
I agree with all of it. We are not native to this earth. But we are innovative in developing those things that can be worked installed and outfitted to give us super powers.
We don't have sonar but we have Magellan, we don't have webbed feet but we have swim fins, we don't fly but we have airplanes, we don't run fast but we have wheels...
47% of the US inhabitants are stupid but we keep feeding, nurturing and giving them their space to breed. So really the only thing we evolved was tolerance for those stuck on stupid.

******************************************************************************************

“People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get.”
Frederick Douglass

Quote    Reply   

Nana Sammich

#16 [url]

06/16/15 3:12 PM

We had a "summer of sharks" here a few years ago. In one summer's time, we had a little boy get his arm bitten off, several attacks, beach closing because of spotting Tiger's and Mako's and one Tiger even jumped into a boat! It was not a little shark either, but a huge one. It definitely was going after the occupants of the boat!!

96faf824cb1a42a6ad6338d3c84d3584_r.gif

It happens every few years. More bait fish along the beach, warmer waters early in the season. No one is 100% certain what triggers the reasons all coming together to create a perfect scenario, but every few years, the perfect conditions converge and they show up in hunting packs.

98c2d680a3ea4ba099a7f94d1da423b2_r.gif

We just stay the hell out the water. I leave them alone, they leave me alone. Now if one shows up on my front lawn, we might have a problem, but so far, I haven't run into one while walking the moose.

Quote    Reply   

cydoniaquest

Yoda-breath image

owner/host/
ghost in the machine

#20 [url]

06/16/15 4:01 PM

47% of the US inhabitants are stupid but we keep feeding, nurturing and giving them their space to breed. So really the only thing we evolved was tolerance for those stuck on stupid.

Yes, but do we have to give them the right to vote and elect Democrats?

The Patriot Hangout  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help